Click here to search for licensed Manufacturers

Click here to renew your Manufacturer License online

Any manufacturer, retailer (dealer) within or without this state shall apply for a license annually to sell manufactured (mobile) homes and/or manufactured buildings (modulars) to be shipped into or sited in Alabama. This also applies to anyone who rebuilds or sells rebuilt units. In addition, all manufacturers located in Alabama must be licensed with the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission regardless of the intended destination of their homes or buildings.

How to Become a Licensed Manufacturer

A manufacturer shall complete an application form and submit it to the Commission for approval along with a license fee.

Each manufacturer is required to submit a valid bond in the amount of $25,000 per licensed facility or a minimum of $100,000, and general liability insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000,000.

AMHC License-Permit Bond Form

Each manufacturer shall be required to demonstrate his or her United States citizenship. Evidence of United States citizenship shall be demonstrated by the presentation of a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate, pertinent pages of the applicant’s United States valid or expired passport, or any other documents or methods of proof issued by the Federal government pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, or any other documents listed in section 29 (k) of Act 2011-535, the Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer and Citizenship Protection Act.